Chat Wall

This is a simple page to help compensate for the lack of communication in the Monopoly City Streets game. I was considering installing a real-time widget, but from what I can tell most of them aren’t persistent if users aren’t live. A forum maybe considered in the future, but at the moment I’d rather not have the interactions too scattered.

The widget in the sidebar allows you to post without requiring an email and always shows the latest ‘chats’ up top. If you have a topical comment I’d encourage you to comment in the appropriate post, but my hopes for this page are for more generic communications that the game doesn’t quite allow for. ie…

Apologies. I attacked you just because you were on the leaderboard, I’ve learned my lesson, I’m sorry, please stop attacking me!

Trades. I’ve got roads to sell or give away before the end of the day, who wants them?

Enemies. This dude’s been incredibly annoying, can we all collectively drive them out of the game with hazards?

Confessions. I have 11 accounts and can’t stop playing with myself…

Stuff like that.

You can always find comment archived on this page as well. Enjoy.

1 me October 13, 2009 at 3:06 pm

reason?

2 cheese October 13, 2009 at 3:38 pm

pgosullivan – you’ve attacked me for almost a week without retaliation… sorry for the the destruction today, but i’m hoping for a truce, otherwise i could keep this up.

3 André Ricardo October 13, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Want to trade streets? Check marketpoly.fridaycode.org/

4 Tom October 13, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Sold all my streets and quit. Why? 1. Hit with $85mil tax when I had $86mil in bank. 2. Server too slow, impossible to spend 300mil on $2mil hotels in less than an hour.

5 Andy Taylor October 14, 2009 at 3:17 am

Tom, try using firefox instead of I.E. I couldn’t be lieve the change in speed, although I do agree with the point about the huge fines!

Also MoopMoop, Bonniebon, QSAQSA, SAQSAQ, NONONONO, NANUNANU I know you’re all the same person and I have no intention of trying to take your crown in Bolton. Sorry for the destruction last night but you’ve been attacking me for weeks and I’ve left you alone. I can destroy approx 25 buildings a day so please let’s just play nice?

6 simon October 14, 2009 at 10:19 am

Whats the most expensive street y’all have found? I have a 118M road (undeveloped) an have not seen higher yet.

7 Elio October 14, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Hi, the most expensive street I’ve seen, it is undeveloped by the owner, it’s price is 142M, I offered 900 M, but looks it is not for SALE.

8 MonopolyHQ October 15, 2009 at 12:36 pm

how can you tell it’s not for sale? if it seems like an inactive account, you could try putting an offer and if theydon’t respond in 7 days just have it..

9 Gold Ck October 20, 2009 at 3:35 am

I’m not so sure that bits working as intended. I put an offer on a street belonging to someone I have watched long enough to know they stopped playing.

Its been nearly 2 weeks now. No further login from other player, and the offer still sits on that street.

10 ANonyMooSe October 14, 2009 at 4:46 pm

FIND thirdman AnD take himout , hes horrible, allways getting me, its not fair, please help me , and reply here if u do any damage to him please thank you

11 deraider October 15, 2009 at 6:04 am

Extended Street Info script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/59823

12 quel123 October 17, 2009 at 2:39 pm

please PLEASE HELP ME DESTROY CAPS8 thats his name CAPS8 oh yea and TOPCOP are both cheaters, take em out!

13 Temirrokfc October 19, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Hello,
I don’t now if that’s the correct way, but I have a problem with a multi-account player:

EPSYN
EPSYN2
EPSYN3
EPSYN4
EPSYN5
EPSYN6
EPSYN7
EPSYN8
EPSYN9
EPSYN10
EPSYN11
EPSYN12

This player has the bad mania of visit my streets.

Thanks in advance.
Temirrokfc

14 Gold Ck October 20, 2009 at 3:39 am

Hi all. For the last 2 days now, my use of MCS has been seriously limited. Whenever I try to sell or build a building on my streets, it tells me “It looks like someone else has beaten you to do this, please try again once they’re done”

And when I try to put an offer on a street it tells me I can only make 10 per day.. And I only tried to make that one lol.

Just to add to the wierdness, I have a mate who is experiancing the same prob, but on all but one of his streets.. Where everything works fine..

Is anyone else experiancing this or similar?

15 matt October 20, 2009 at 4:45 am

Hi. GOLD CREEK i have had the same issue on all my streets as well as my wife’s account.
All i can do is search and earn rent, I have noticed on the MCS homepage that nobody seams to be developing there are no GOLD PINS appearing on half of the world, from approx. Sudan across asia , Aust, and to the western side of the USA

16 Litz October 20, 2009 at 7:15 am

“it looks like someone else has beaten you to do this..” where’s the problem?

17 Gold Ck October 20, 2009 at 9:41 am

lol Litz, problem is, nobody did. :D

Hey matt, well spotted that. I checked, and the street that works fine is in Europe.

Time to go make some overseas investments. I hope they fix the local server soon.

18 sjinksie October 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm

I’m having the same “someone beat you to do that” issue on my canada streets, which is causing my bank to fill up, but leaving my streets empty :( And I just switched from europe to canada :s

19 Grizz October 20, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Same problem here. For the last two days, anytime I try to build or sell buildings, I get the “it looks like someone else has beaten you to this” popup. Is this a widespread issue?

20 sjinksie October 20, 2009 at 12:48 pm

just tried my one and only europe street and it lets me build whatever I want, so it’s some weird problem. I see those gold pins on the map around my area in canada though. Hope they fix it soon..

21 rebornangel October 20, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I can not sell my streets.. now I have 8, I want to sell 2 or 3 of them.. it keeps telling me
‘someone else has beaten you to do this..blabla’…

22 Temirrokfc October 20, 2009 at 4:37 pm

I have some streets on Oregon and I can’t to build, sell or sell buildings, too.

23 Matt October 20, 2009 at 5:55 pm

G’Day I am still having the same problem, filled out the MCS form two days ago and nothing starting to lose interest now I cant do anything (boring) it been atleast 3 days now !!!

24 Viking Samurai October 20, 2009 at 6:52 pm

also having the same problem with not being able to sell or buy structures

25 MCS buggy October 20, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Same problem : cannot build/buy on US, Alaska and Australia streets. No problem with France and Africa

In the past I encountered lot of other problems.
Cannot imagine that a game can be put online with such problems. Almost every week new issues !!!

Are we beta testers for the new Monopoly City ?

Hope MCS team will fix such problems

26 Andre October 20, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Yeah, cannot buy for sale properties or build or remove exsisting building on my streets, been like this for 2 days now.. starting to lose interest now.

27 AKBum October 20, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Same..cannot buy, sell or build in America.

28 Norbert October 20, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I am having the same issue on Aussie streets. Frustrating as hell when I can’t feed my Monopaddiction for 3 days straight. Argh!

29 Ash October 20, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Can not do anything in Australia either.

30 Matt October 21, 2009 at 1:47 am

This is BS, still not fixed, if it’s not working when I get home from work tomorrow I think I’ll chuck it in !

31 sad October 21, 2009 at 3:24 am

Somebody want to nettle this person: http://bit.ly/GHfX7 ?

32 Gold Ck October 21, 2009 at 5:09 am

Hey again peoples.

Left my browser on MCS page overnight and for whatever reason, it never refreshed the gold map pins, just kept stacking them on. When I reopened it just now, I thought it showed rather clearly which parts of the world are experiancing difficulty. I assume this is the effect Matt noticed in his earlier post.

Klicky4Picky.. http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/Supatard/MSC_deadzone.jpg

Personally I think were unofficial beta testers. And what began as a publicity stunt by Hasbro has turned into a publicity nightmare. Its one thing to put up with these sorts of breakdowns in a free game. But none of this is lending me any confidence in the upcoming game that I am expected to open my wallet for.

Hope they fix it soon. Meantime. Buy where it works.

33 MonopolyHQ October 21, 2009 at 2:48 pm

thanks for this one, just posted this up for everyone else to see as well!

34 Gold Ck October 22, 2009 at 9:14 am

Thats great! Cheers for that.

Here’s as good a spot as any to say thanks for putting this fansite together. You’ve done a great job with it, and its been so handy. One day game companies will learn the benefits of a strong player community. But until then its left to motivated people like yourself, who rarely get thanked.

So, well done and thank you. :)

35 MonopolyHQ October 23, 2009 at 10:17 am

thanks for the kind and encouraging words!

36 Al Smith October 21, 2009 at 5:35 am

I have the same problem, can’t build or sell buildings, has anyone an answer to this!

37 dub October 21, 2009 at 10:25 am

I can build on 4 out of 5 of my US streets but this one street i have i can’t do ANYTHING, build/sell structures, sell/offer street.. been 2 days now.. soooooooooo LAME!!!

38 Dragonotika October 21, 2009 at 7:32 pm

oops, sorry some weird problem has occured, please try again

I give up, the game looks fun but I can’t figure it out
I have tried it in IE, firefox & chrome.
I downloaded latest versions of flash and java.
I have tried harder then most people would be bothered too.

Monopoly you are losing players beause people can’t buy a property.

Oops! Found something better to do and I don’t mean Ebony

39 boogey October 22, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Woo hoooo Australia seems to be working again I was just able to build for the 1st time in about a week. Hope everyone else is working too.

40 sjinksie October 22, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Just managed to finally spend my money on some building in Canada \o/

After days of dead zone this is great!!

Back in business ^^

41 matt October 23, 2009 at 3:24 am

looks like problem has struck again this afternoon Great

42 sjinksie October 23, 2009 at 3:29 am

I could just build stuff in Canada, though it did have that glitch that it says it builds something, but it really doesn’t. But with logging out and back in you get the money back, so don’t hear me complaining too much abt that.

43 sjinksie October 23, 2009 at 9:24 am

Is it possible to search on name rather than go over all the world to find someone to put your hazards on them. I’ve seen the list on this page and wanna put them there, but dunno how to find them..

44 MonopolyHQ October 23, 2009 at 10:15 am

easiest way is to go to the leaderboard -> friends -> add an opponent to spy on, and you can find details on them there.

45 Elio October 26, 2009 at 4:39 am

Hello, somebody knows about the maintenance period that began at 2 am Eastern time and will continue for the next 8 hours? I’ll apreciate some info. Thanks.

46 MonopolyHQ October 28, 2009 at 10:21 am

game is back up if you weren’t aware

47 George October 26, 2009 at 1:17 pm

How can I reach other users? Out of nowhere, a couple of users started attacking my streets. They apparently recruited friends to help, b/c about 7 users suddenly teamed up to attack me. I have never put any attack on another user, and was never on a leaderboard. How do I get through to them?

48 MonopolyHQ October 28, 2009 at 10:21 am

hey George, there really is no good way within the game at the moment. since thousands of people visit this site, we’re just hoping they take a peak through this chat wall! Not the best way by any means, but it’s something.

i’m all for peace and alliances, but sometimes you just got to take care of things. you can put there names up here as nuisances and just attack back like crazy yourself. sometimes if you’re enough of a pain they’ll just give it up, it’s not worth it for anyone to be engaged in a prolonged war…

49 barfoo October 27, 2009 at 12:59 am
50 duncan October 28, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Coulxd someone please explain the scoring system in M C S? And please dont paste their answer from the FAQ which is clearly wrong. here are definetely other calculations than just street value + bank balance.

51 Elio October 29, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Hi, I found this link 2 days ago and shows the relative position of the user on the world board. I say “relative position” because apparently must be connected to MCS when collect the rent. I hope you enjoy it.

52 MonopolyHQ October 29, 2009 at 11:14 pm

awesomeness.. thanks for sharing that one!

53 Martin October 29, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Not that awesome, they update too rarely and have too few players.

54 suncana October 30, 2009 at 3:59 pm

$1billion base road?

check out albany highway, NZ, owned by lookinglike. it doesn’t look long enough to have that much of a base value.

55 matt October 31, 2009 at 7:39 am

albany highway, NZ, owned by lookinglike must be some sort of error because there score doesnt reflect te valu of the street

56 MonopolyHQ November 2, 2009 at 4:13 pm

that actually happens quite often… be sure to review the street before you purchase!

57 Martin November 1, 2009 at 4:14 am

I hope you’ll enjoy my Russian street ;)

58 MonopolyHQ November 2, 2009 at 4:12 pm

oh my, that was you too? you’re everywhere! thanks though!

59 Andrew Taylor November 3, 2009 at 3:56 am

Long street sale – username MorkAndMindy. Be generous, lots of time has gone into looking for these! All streets over $1m in value

60 Andrew Taylor November 3, 2009 at 3:57 am

Long street sale – username MorkAndMindy. Be generous, lots of time has gone into looking for these! All Streets over $1m

61 suncana November 5, 2009 at 3:20 pm

there are three new buildings. some of the scripts will probably need to be updated.

spiral luxe $2.5m/1.05m
revolving restaurant $11m/2.1m
stairway to the future $60m/4.5m

62 Elio November 6, 2009 at 4:27 am

Hi, the MCSTOOLS v. 6 by MCS Clans, Works perfect, I built 3B without any problem.

63 Nik November 10, 2009 at 1:06 pm

I am getting sick of buying one or two buildings then getting a chance that taxes almost all my money. How the heck can I play when the arbitrary tax is placed on me like this.

Today, I bought one building, then was fined over 900 million. Yesterday about the same.
I am getting sick of it, and of dealing with people that own 200+ streets.

I might quit. I love playing, but people and stupid random chances are sapping all the fun out of it.

64 Jeaniest November 11, 2009 at 11:45 pm

I place an offer on a an inactive players streets and 2 weeks to the day they are released and someone 4 spaces down the leader board picks them up!!! Unfair or what!!