Monopoly City Streets – Beginner Tips

by MonopolyHQ on September 10, 2009 · 6 comments

Here are some tips for getting started well on the new Monopoly City Streets game”

You’re given $3 million to start try and get at least one big street ($million plus) to earn income
Get some small streets nearby, which will also allow you chances at chance cards with each turn
Use your familiarity with your city to your advantage.  There are probably lots of hot areas others wouldn’t think of, this will help you get some edge over the competition.
Think through cities that might have less likely internet geeks with time to play this and buy it up – islands possibly
If they’re not taken already, look for landmark type sites that other folks might get sentimental about and trade well for
Many more tips and tricks to come.  Let me know if you’ve got others.

1 Tom September 11, 2009 at 2:56 am

So how do you know buying surrounding streets increases your chances? Without this I don’t see any point in buying streets less than $1m since the build returns are just awful.

2 MonopolyHQ September 11, 2009 at 10:30 am

Hey Tom, I should really clarify how I wrote that.

As far as I can tell, buying nearby streets does NOT increase your odds of chance cards – buying nearby streets is helpful in centralizing your empire and keeping people less interested in moving in

What I meant by buying small streets is that in the game it’s considered a ‘turn’ and with it you get a shot at picking up a ‘chance’ card, which are usually beneficial, ie. i’ve had 500,000 deposited, or a bonus building that protects your street – which more than pays off for that small street purchase.

Thanks for swinging by, feel free to drop any other comments if you discover other hints and tips!

3 Tom September 11, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Yeah I can see the turn thing now. My pal has had 2 chance cards and I’ve had none even though I have played more. I hope a new description of rules and game dynamics is released along with anti-cheat stuff. I imagine they will reset the game some time next week once hardware issues are sorted out.

For now my entire town is bought up so I’ve got to look to other places to get $1m+ streets.

4 MonopolyHQ September 11, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Yeah there’s lots of rules, and ratios I’d like to see more of.

According to their official blog most people want a reset, but as people are spending more time on it, people seem less likely to see all that work go to waste.

yeah ,I don’t see many $million dollar streets left… sure which I was there the moment this launched.

5 Jancis September 15, 2009 at 10:32 am

if they are not gonna fix loopholes and bugs, then reset wont give any good. this kinda sucks, i was there and spent my time while waiting for page to get loaded.. i even missed some streets because of lag, but i got over it.. and now all hard work will be lost.. i really hope it will give results.

i got chance card, that stated i have to pay 2.7mil … 3 times in row :/